In this post, I’ll share music lesson plans for PK-6 for January week 2. I create these lessons at www.Musicplayonline.com and they are set up in a step-by-step format with videos, interactive activities, solfa and rhythm practice, optional worksheets for a 45 min. music class. If you have 2 classes/week, there are many extensions possible. Many teachers use the Musicplayonline website “freestyle” -is choosing their own songs, and the activities that go with them. Or they use the Ukulele, Guitar, Recorder or Boomwhacker sections to teach instruments. But if you’d like easy planning for a week, or have a sub coming in, these Lesson Modules are great!
Musicplayonline is the website with EVERYTHING you need for teaching elementary music.
- 1200+ songs for PK-Gr. 6 (and 7-8!)
- piano, ukulele, guitar accompaniments for 1200+ songs!
- 3000+ interactive activities to teach rhythm, note reading
- Orff arrangements for hundreds of songs
- solfa practice, including poison melody, echo solfa, listen/sing, assess
- rhythm practice – 15 levels! Echo, Poison Rhythm, Read, Assess
- vocal warmups – including Yoga for Voice for teachers!
- music games to teach concepts, practice and assess
- rhythm and melody composition tools
- Ukulele, Guitar and Recorder programs
- 150+ Listening examples, including Peter and the Wolf and Carnival of the Animals.
- Composer videos, listening logs, cup games, scarf/ ribbon
- So-me storybooks
- Instruments of the Orchestra Unit
- Dance Unit
- Body Percussion Unit – and a new Body Percussion Unit is coming soon!
- Frame Drum Unit
- Lesson Modules with step-by-step lesson activities
Teachers use Musicplayonline to supplement their own lesson plans.
Many teachers use the Lesson Modules – makes planning easy!
Whether you are teaching virtually or in-person, Musicplayonline is the AMAZING and affordable online curriculum.
Just $149.95/year USD for ALL grades!
Sign up today for your free 30 day trial! Musicplayonline.com